H616 DRAM support on mailine kernel

Andre Przywara andre.przywara at arm.com
Sat Oct 21 01:51:57 CEST 2023

On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 17:23:06 -0300
project-tvbox project-tvbox <project-tvbox at prp.uespi.br> wrote:

Hi,

> How can I edit the drm parameters directly in the mainline kernel,
> since the mainline dts does not have these options like the legacy
> one, I saw that the dram.c drives in the legacy and mailline are
> similar, for example:
> [dram_para]
> dram_clk = 600
> dram_type = 3
> dram_dx_odt = 0x03030303
> dram_dx_dri = 0x0e0e0e0e
> dram_ca_dri = 0x1f12
> dram_odt_en = 1
> dram_para1 = 0x30fb
> dram_para2 = 0x0000
> dram_mr0 = 0x840
>  in the mainline kernel

The kernel is not responsible for setting up the DRAM controller, this
is done in U-Boot (as you apparently have already figured out).
Mainline U-Boot patches a few months ago added U-Boot Kconfig options
for those parameters, please check configs/x96_mate_defconfig and
configs/orangepi_zero2_defconfig for examples. All options are
enumerated here:
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/blob/master/arch/arm/mach-sunxi/Kconfig?ref_type=heads#L54-105

Cheers,
Andre