error on h616 ID axp806 legacy kernel

Andre Przywara andre.przywara at arm.com
Sat Oct 21 02:02:21 CEST 2023

On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 17:37:48 -0300
project-tvbox project-tvbox <project-tvbox at prp.uespi.br> wrote:

Hi,

> In the legacy kernel, when starting, the error appears:
> the chip id is 0x5d00
> ic cant match axp, please check...

Please keep in mind that the BSP code contains a lot of nonsense, the
PMIC setup seems to be particularly problematic, with dramatic error
messages even when everything is fine. So is there any actual problem
with your box?
And I don't know what "chip id" here refers to, but it's surely not the
AXP ID from I2C register 0x3, since that is only 8 bits wide.
That number looks more like from the first part of the SID, which is
also used in the DVFS code to discern certain dies or SoC revisions.

In any case, are you sure that your device actually has a PMIC? It is
not unheard of for TV boxes to drop that chip (many H6 TV boxes did), as
fine grained power management might not be too useful in a TV box.

Cheers,
Andre

P.S. Please try to add some Allwinner specific lists (see the CC: here),
or the #linux-sunxi IRC channel to get quicker responses.