[v4.1 2/2] CI, pytest: Add a test for sandbox without LTO

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Oct 24 20:02:06 CEST 2023

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 at 10:28, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 10:13:52AM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > BTW buildman supports -L which disabled LTO using the NO_LTO=1 option
>
> I worry about putting sandbox-specific flags in buildman.  Outside of
> sandbox, targets that enable LTO require LTO, just like any other CONFIG
> option.

Some problems with LTO and why I don't normally develop with it enabled:

- build time
- code moves around all over the place so it is hard to compare size growth

At least for my IDE flow, I use -L in most cases. Yes there are some
boards which won't fit without LTO, but I don't see them much.

So this is mostly a dev convenience / productivity tool.

Regards,
Simon