Possible license violation

pm88hpxmdxke at disengage.co pm88hpxmdxke at disengage.co
Wed Jun 5 00:47:18 CEST 2024

            HiI am copying this message to you and GL team.Regarding license violation:U-boot’s license requires Gl.iNet to provide the source-code for U-boot (including any modifications they made) to anybody that asks for it. So…GL team refused to send source code nor .bin file. I wanted to inspect it for possible backdoors but still they are refusing.“ If you choose to provide source through a written offer, then anybody who requests the source from you is entitled to receive it.If you commercially distribute binaries not accompanied with source code, the GPL says you must provide a written offer to distribute the source code later. When users non-commercially redistribute the binaries they received from you, they must pass along a copy of this written offer. This means that people who did not get the binaries directly from you can still receive copies of the source code, along with the written offer.The reason we require the offer to be valid for any third party is so that people who receive the binaries indirectly in that way can order the source code from you.”https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0-faq.en.htmlhttps://github.com/u-boot/u-bootSo I am sending this message to you to check this situation. They probably will not send it to you.Also please use web mail (not business domain) as they can sent it to you through it to hide the fact of licensing violation. For example send request from Gmail. Please take measures.