Can U-Boot create mtdparts from device tree partition info?

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 17:48:39 CET 2024

Hello,

In looking through the source, I'm not yet seeing logic that allows U-Boot to actually use MTD partition information found in the device tree.  Does this logic exist and I'm just missing it?  Or do I
need to parse the device tree partitions manually and create the mtdparts env variable?

Sorry if this is obvious, I'm just not seeing it yet.  Also, if the answer is just to manually enter the mtdparts env variable, and keep it in line with the partition information in the device tree as
a manual operation, please let me know that too.  I'm just hoping there is a way to have U-Boot get the info from the device tree automatically.

Thanks very much,
Chuck