Help: Marvell Armada 3720 board verified boot function as non-verified

Lev Olshvang lev_o at rad.com
Wed Mar 13 17:35:30 CET 2024

Hi List
Our project already several years develop for Marvell Armada  3720 board

Recently we decided to implement verified boot.
I modified uboot configuration to support FIT image format and verify signature kernel . I compiled uboot and added public key to u-boot.bin
I also created signed kernel image and ensured with fit_check_signed it indeed signed.
The problem is that Marvell required to use ATF tools and A3700 utils to produce flash image.
I applied same command to ATF to make flash image as we used before for non-verified before.
ATF made flash image with no glitch,
After transferring resulting flash to board,  u-boot continues to boot non-signed kernel and iminfo command reports error “unknown image format” on the loaded signed kernel, i.e. it does not recognize FIT partition.

Can anyone help me ASAP?
Regards
LEV