Distro Boot instructions with examples

Igor Opaniuk igor.opaniuk at gmail.com
Tue May 7 16:30:17 CEST 2024

Hello Antoni,

On Tue, May 7, 2024 at 4:14 PM Antoni Jankowski
<antoni.s.jankowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently learned about the Distro Boot feature of u-boot. This sounds
> interesting, however the official instructions are sparse and examples seem
> to be non-existent.
>
> The platform I'm working with at the moment is a raspberry pi CM4, are
> there any examples of how to implement this concept? Distro Boot seems to
> be suitable for updating all the rootfs at once, including what usually is
> a separate boot partition.
>
> Best regards,
> Antoni

There is a nice manual from Toradex about Distro Boot integration [1].
You can also find a bunch of examples of integration of existing boards
just by grep-ing:

u-boot.git$ grep -ine "config_distro_bootcmd" -r ./include/configs/
./include/configs/pico-imx6ul.h:86:#include <config_distro_bootcmd.h>
./include/configs/kp_imx6q_tpc.h:84:#include <config_distro_bootcmd.h>
./include/configs/imx8mp_venice.h:21:#include <config_distro_bootcmd.h>
./include/configs/stm32f746-disco.h:30:#include <config_distro_bootcmd.h>

Hope this helps.

[1] https://developer.toradex.com/linux-bsp/os-development/boot/distro-boot/

--
Best regards - Atentamente - Meilleures salutations

Igor Opaniuk

mailto: igor.opaniuk at gmail.com
skype: igor.opanyuk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/iopaniuk