[ELDK] Problem with ping, telnet and ftp

stefano babic stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org
Wed Oct 8 22:28:58 CEST 2008

Ana Cláudia wrote:
> hi Stefano,
>
> I have inetd process running.
> I don't have  /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Please add it, as well as the libraries libnss_* if they are missing, as
Wolfgang suggests. It seems some files/libraries are missing on your
root filesystem (from behavior maybe the libnss_files* library ?). If
you need to know about a minimal filesystem, check the SELF package
inside the ELDK.

> Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path

This means no process is listening to the required ports. Your target
does not accept incoming connections.

> If  i capture tcp packet when i try to do telnet from my machine to my board, i got a RST on the response.

This is correct when nobody listens to the port. The client sends a SYN
packet and the target answers with RST if the port is closed.

Best regards,

Stefano Babic

--
stefano <stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org>