[ELDK] ELDK version Supporting Freescale MPC8572

Matheos Worku Matheos.Worku at Sun.COM
Tue Oct 21 21:06:26 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>Dear Matheos Worku,
>
>In message <48FDFF5A.5030601 at sun.com> you wrote:
>

>>What eldk version should I use for a board based on Freescale MPC8275
>>

>I guess the MPC8275 here is just a typo and you really mean the MPC8572
>as given in the subject? The MPC8275 is a PQ II processor, and
>definitely not a dual-core one.
>
>[But hey, who knows what Freescale defines that to mean - they also
>call the MPC5121E a "dual core" system...]
>

>>dual core processor? I see that ELDK 4.2 has ppc_85xxDP. Is that the
>>version I need to use or ELDK 4.1 will do?

Wolfgang,

I meant MPC8572 dual core and thanks  a lot for the info. I was hoping
to get away with ELDK 4.1 since I have another work which uses ELDK 4.1
ppc_85xx packages.
What uboot version do you recommend for MPC8572 based platform?

Regards
Matheos