[U-Boot-Users] Hang after relocating u-boot code...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 31 16:01:23 CET 2003

In message <20031230160114.3874.qmail at web15003.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> The monitor port can work on my custom board but
> u-boot hang or crashes after relocation.I read the
> DULG FAQ about the answer.I,however,want to make sure
> about the fact why the same SDRAM init code does work
> on RPXlite but in vain on my custom board for the
> SDRAM hardware design are the same with these two
> boards.

Is it _exactly_ the same design, with the same types of SDRAM chips?

> I am sure that my UPMA RAM WORD is OK because of
> successful relocation.When I traced the code using

This does not mean a thing. First, the UPM initialization is  just  a
part  of the required initialization sequence; second, the relocation
uses simple read / write cycles,  while  your  problems  happen  when
accessing the SDRAM in burst mode.

> Is this realated with my hardware design or just
> software adjustment is enough?

Do we know your hardware design? No.
Do we know your modifications to the software? No.
Will you get a useful answer?  Guess...

Best regards, and a Happy New Year!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I paid too much for it, but its worth it.