[U-Boot-Users] ether mac auto override.

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Wed Jun 18 05:29:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

Should u-boot define a standard way to override the mac address that an
ethernet chip will use (if that chip allows it)?  Back when I enabled the
91c111 for my board, it took a couple of looks to notice that the ethaddr
environment variable was not used by the driver...but it was for things like
ARP.  That driver defaults to ... probably an experimental mac address, and
there is no attempt to sync it with the environment variable which is
visible with printenv.  I ended up doing the override to match the
environment in misc_init_r() which worked just fine, however, it seemed that
where the bd_data.bi_enetaddr is initialized in lib_arm/board.c would be a
good place to call some standard override function.

Any opinions?

Regards,

Richard Woodruff