[U-Boot-Users] ether mac auto override.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 18 09:56:21 CEST 2003

Dear Richard,

in message <FD2AC9A020DDD51194710008C7089B20053D4C87 at dlee17.itg.ti.com> you wrote:

> Should u-boot define a standard way to override the mac address that an
> ethernet chip will use (if that chip allows it)?  Back when I enabled the

There is already such a definition.

See the 3rd and following paragraphs in section "Note  for  Redundant
Ethernet  Interfaces"  in  the  README (Text starting "If the network
interface stores some valid MAC address...").

> 91c111 for my board, it took a couple of looks to notice that the ethaddr
> environment variable was not used by the driver...but it was for things like

Then the driver should be fixed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Murder is contrary to the laws of man and God.
	-- M-5 Computer, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4731.3