[U-Boot-Users] XIP question

Jim Potter jpotter at dualg4.com
Sat Mar 1 00:17:11 CET 2003

I've got a u-boot question -- even though I've been tracking it down in
the ppcboot-2.0.0 sources (they're very close).  Perhaps my copy of
mkimage is doing the wrong thing, but I've noticed that ppcboot-2.0.0
fails to strip the header from an uncompressed kernel image, when the
entire image (header and all) is placed at the desired execution
address.  This traces down to this area of do-bootm:

    case IH_COMP_NONE:
        if (hdr->ih_load == addr)
            printf ("   XIP %s ... ", name);

In my case, the image (with header) is loaded at addr 0, and
hdr->ih_load points to the header start at addr 0 (not the data start at
addr 0x40).  Is ih_load supposed to point to the start of the header, or
the start of the data?  If it points to the header, then we may want to
do this instead:

    case IH_COMP_NONE:
        if (data == addr)
            printf ("   XIP %s ... ", name);

Again, it's also possible that ih_load points to the wrong thing.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter
45th Parallel Processing, Inc.

  Volunteer Firefighting: Bustin' ours, Savin' yours.