[U-Boot-Users] XIP question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Mar 1 01:53:14 CET 2003

In message <3E5FEDF8.B15DEF5 at dualg4.com> you wrote:
> I've got a u-boot question -- even though I've been tracking it down in
> the ppcboot-2.0.0 sources (they're very close).  Perhaps my copy of
> mkimage is doing the wrong thing, but I've noticed that ppcboot-2.0.0

... perhaps your usage of mkimage is wrong?

> fails to strip the header from an uncompressed kernel image, when the
> entire image (header and all) is placed at the desired execution
> address.  This traces down to this area of do-bootm:
>
>     case IH_COMP_NONE:
>         if (hdr->ih_load == addr)
>             printf ("   XIP %s ... ", name);

If you run into the execute-in-place part  of  the  code  unintentio-
nally,  then  I  bet a case of beer that you're passing invalid para-
meters to mkimage.

> Again, it's also possible that ih_load points to the wrong thing.

It's more likely that you see the effects of wrong usage, I think.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
And now remains  That we find out the cause of this effect, Or rather
say, the cause of this defect...           -- Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2