[U-Boot-Users] Placing boot image an CompactFlash

Jerry Walden jwalden at digitalatlantic.com
Mon Mar 3 23:34:02 CET 2003

Hello:

I am now at the point where I am going to try to boot Linux on
my 405gpr board.  My boot device is a SanDisk CompactFlash device
that is seen by u-boot as an IDE driver - had to re-wire the compact flash
so that it operates in "true-ide" mode, and changed IDE driver a bit.

I did a make pImage (for some reason there is no uImage target in 2.4.18).

Now - how do I get the pImage file, and write it to the compact flash?

I have a PCMCIA adapter so I can access the card from a PC, however I
am not sure what utility I would use, or if there is a preffered method
to doing this.

Thanks for any help

Jerry