[U-Boot-Users] Board init

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 4 16:27:24 CET 2003

In message <20030304132446.GE3593 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> The PXA250 often has the problem that when it is powercycled during i2c
> activity there are "hanging" transfers on the bus. We now have connected

Are you refering to the I2C Edge Conditions propblem? (You _did_ read
the doc/I2C_Edge_Conditions files, didn't you?)

> one GPIO line to the i2c bus so that we are able to toggle the line
> several times to let all bus participants think that current transfers
> are finished.
>
> Now I would like to add this method to u-boot; unfortunately, the
> environment is read from the serial eeprom _before_
> board/xxx/board.c:board_init() or misc_init_r are run. So where is the
> best place to add the code? It could be put into
> cpu/xscale/i2c.c:i2c_reset(), but as it definitely is board dependend I
> would not think it is a good idea.

Seems you are (at least) the second person who  got  bitten  by  this
probem,  so  we  should probably add a generic solution that will fix
this problem in all cases.

Can you come up with a generic solution?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching  should,  therefore,
be regarded as a criminal offense.                   - E. W. Dijkstra