[U-Boot-Users] Board init

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Tue Mar 4 14:24:46 CET 2003

Hi,

The PXA250 often has the problem that when it is powercycled during i2c
activity there are "hanging" transfers on the bus. We now have connected
one GPIO line to the i2c bus so that we are able to toggle the line
several times to let all bus participants think that current transfers
are finished.

Now I would like to add this method to u-boot; unfortunately, the
environment is read from the serial eeprom _before_
board/xxx/board.c:board_init() or misc_init_r are run. So where is the
best place to add the code? It could be put into
cpu/xscale/i2c.c:i2c_reset(), but as it definitely is board dependend I
would not think it is a good idea.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4