[U-Boot-Users] Boot the kernel from a JFFS2 filesystem

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Tue Mar 4 16:51:51 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:47:45PM +0100, Petter Larsen wrote:
> We have enabled JFFS2 in PPCBoot 2.0.
>
> We can then for example use "fsload" to load a file into memory. But how
> can we use this feature if we wont to boot the kernel, lying in this
> filesystem, with "bootm".
>
> We use a AMD flash device. In the kernel we have enabled the CFI in the
> MTD options, and enabled JFFS2.

I don't understand your question; if your kernel is on a jffs2
partition it is the right way to load it with fsload! What else do you
want to do, additional to loading the kernel and booting it?

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4