[U-Boot-Users] jffs2

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Wed Mar 5 17:10:15 CET 2003

We are currently working on the jffs2 code in u-boot. We had the problem
that sometimes after overwriting the kernel file in the jffs2 filesystem
there have been crc errors.

A colleague has tracked the problem down to the length determination
code in jffs2_1pass_read_inode. The code (protected by a brown paper bag
statement ;) claims that the file end is determined by an identical
isize in 2 following flash inodes which seems to be wrong. He has
implemented another variant, based on a sorted list, which seems to be
better but takes up to 20 seconds for the first scan. This is
unacceptably long but more correct...

I don't want to start a longer discussion here as I'm not deeply in
the code myself at the moment, but has anybody seen a similar behaviour
or better: has a solution?

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4