[U-Boot-Users] jffs2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 5 20:06:48 CET 2003

In message <20030305171344.GO16290 at pengutronix.de> Robert Schwebel wrote:

> > You better ask this on the MTD list where the code in  question  will
> > find many more active developers.
>
> Nope, the jffs2 code in u-boot was significantly striped down; look at
> the code and notice especially all the brown paper bag warnings.

Ummm... I don't think I will dig into this.  Nevertheless  -  if  the
port  of  the code was done in a way that both prevents help from the
MTD list and updating to newer, less  buggy  versions  of  the  JFFS2
code,  then  it was done very badly from the beginning, and should be
FIXED NOW.

It makes no sense to go on  if  you  know  you  are  heading  down  a
dead-end road.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Real computer scientists don't comment their  code.  The  identifiers
are so long they can't afford the disk space.