[U-Boot-Users] jffs2

Nye Liu nyet at mrv.com
Wed Mar 5 20:13:54 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:06:48PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20030305171344.GO16290 at pengutronix.de> Robert Schwebel wrote:
> >
> > > You better ask this on the MTD list where the code in  question  will
> > > find many more active developers.
> >
> > Nope, the jffs2 code in u-boot was significantly striped down; look at
> > the code and notice especially all the brown paper bag warnings.
>
> Ummm... I don't think I will dig into this.  Nevertheless  -  if  the
> port  of  the code was done in a way that both prevents help from the
> MTD list and updating to newer, less  buggy  versions  of  the  JFFS2
> code,  then  it was done very badly from the beginning, and should be
> FIXED NOW.
>
> It makes no sense to go on  if  you  know  you  are  heading  down  a
> dead-end road.

As one of the original "porters" of the brown paper bag code in
question, I agree.

However, porting the MTD jffs2 code in a way that will usefully fit into
u-boot without SERIOUSLY stripping it down is pretty much impossible;
I had started down that path but gave up almost immediately.

Hopefully somebody smarter than I can do it.