[U-Boot-Users] Multiple Ethernet support with PPC405

Vladimir Gurevich vag at paulidav.org
Fri Mar 7 00:31:58 CET 2003

Hello,

I have a couple of different PPC405-based boards which have
an additional ethernet controller (eepro100 or natsemi). I'd
like to be able to use either of them for booting in addition
to the PPC405 internal FEC.

The problem is, of course, that the current ppc405_enet does
not support CONFIG_NET_MULTI and simply cannot co-exist with
net/enet.c, since it defines the same functions.

I want to modify ppc405_enet.c and just wanted to ask whether
it is OK to make ppc405_enet dependent on CONFIG_CMD_NET &
CONFIG_NET_MULTI or should I try to put wrappers that will
allow both configurations (with and without CONFIG_NET_MULTI)?

Or, maybe someone had arlready done that?

Thanks,
Vladimir