[U-Boot-Users] Enforcement of coding standards

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Fri Mar 7 07:29:51 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 04:16:30PM -0000, Chris Elston wrote:
> I don't really want to get into the politics of when patches should be
> accepted/rejected, but I do agree that we need to have an honest (and
> friendly!) discussion of the #ifdef mess and coding standard enforcement
> issues.

Strong ack.

> Both Robert and Wolfgang have fair points.  From Robert's point of view why
> be picky about formatting when the rest of the source isn't as neat as it
> could be.  And from Wolfgang's point of view, why add more messy code - that
> will just make things worse.

No, the point was that these two // have been rejected, after lots of
coding style patches I've sent have also been rejected because "they do
not change functionality". Just for the record, I wanted to shut up
about that :-)

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4