[U-Boot-Users] Enforcement of coding standards

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Fri Mar 7 09:34:07 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 09:11:58AM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Obviously, I am interested in keeping these diff's as small as
> possible. Running "cb" or "indent" over a source file makes a diff
> against earlier versions basicly useless.

Understandable - would it help if we had something like a stable and
unstable branch?

I mean, the problem is that for the short time you are perfectly right
with your arguments. But long term some parts of the code definitely
have to be cleaned up or everybody will be lost.

For the moment I don't really care about the huge rest of the code; the
things I'm working on are currently mostly PXA related and I consider
the PXA port still being code under construction.

Perhaps some kind of a release plan would be helpful for the project,
now that the code seems to work for several people. One could make
checklists for a release, something like

	board 	compiles	tested	maintainer	tested-by ...
	foo	x		x	Fridolin Tux	Erich Tux

This would mean to push the QA from CVS to release/prerelease level.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4