[U-Boot-Users] Enforcement of coding standards

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Sat Mar 8 09:07:12 CET 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 08:47:02PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> This is not exactly the case here. Actually most of these boards  are
> actively  used  by  quite a lot of people, see for example the Walnut
> board or the FADS8xx or the MPC8260ADS or the RPX{Classic,lite,super}
> boards.
>
> It's just that a number of active users does not automatically create
> an active maintainer.

Yes, but when people are using a board it means that somebody must have
maintained it until one version, and that one definitely works. I don't
think it's realistic to hope that all boards that once have worked will
do forever, without anybody testing it. And there's also no problem in
people using old versions of software, if it works for them.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4