[U-Boot-Users] loads and copyright

Martin Winistörfer martinwinistoerfer at gmx.ch
Mon Mar 10 17:00:59 CET 2003

hi,

I'm currently trying to test the "loads" command. For this
I use a Kermit version. Since "loadb" uses the kermit protocol
this works fine. But how do I download the file with the loads
command? As I found out not in kermit mode. In the u-boot
manual I found this as an example:

=> loads
## Ready for S-Record download ...
~>examples/hello_world.srec
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...
[file transfer complete]
[connected]
## Start Addr = 0x00040004

But what means "~>"?

An other more generic question concerns copyright
of new source files. For the MPC5xx port I took for
instance the start.S from the MPC8xx directory
and made some changes.

But what is the best in your opinion, to place all
the copyright from the previous owners also
in the top of the new file or only my name.

Or shall I mention somewhere, from where this file
is based? What is the common practise?

Sure it's not important but only to be correct.

Thanks,
Martin