[U-Boot-Users] loads and copyright

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 10 17:37:25 CET 2003

In message <22790.1047312059 at www64.gmx.net> you wrote:

> I'm currently trying to test the "loads" command. For this
> I use a Kermit version. Since "loadb" uses the kermit protocol
> this works fine. But how do I download the file with the loads
> command? As I found out not in kermit mode. In the u-boot
> manual I found this as an example:

I think the same document also mentions to use the "cu" command (from
the UUCP package) for S-Record download, doesn't it?

> But what means "~>"?

It's the "file send" command in the "cu" command. See "man cu".

> An other more generic question concerns copyright
> of new source files. For the MPC5xx port I took for
> instance the start.S from the MPC8xx directory
> and made some changes.
>
> But what is the best in your opinion, to place all
> the copyright from the previous owners also
> in the top of the new file or only my name.

If you use existing code  (i.  e.  more  than  5  or  6  lines),  the
copyright  of  the  previous authors still applies. Please keep these
copyright messages.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Is not that the nature of men and women -- that the  pleasure  is  in
the learning of each other?
	-- Natira, the High Priestess of Yonada, "For the World is
	   Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", stardate 5476.3.