[U-Boot-Users] Debug with Abatron BDI2000 on 405EP evaluation board

llandre r&d at wawnet.biz
Mon Mar 10 20:02:07 CET 2003

I'm trying to port the U-Boot loader to the IBM 405EP Evaluation Board
(Bubinga). I've just started to debug the code with a BDI2000 from Abatron.

I have a couple questions about it:
1) The BDI2000 is shipped with a script file for the 405GP evaluation board
(evb405gp.cfg) that is is very similar to 405EP board. In the [INIT]
section, several initializations are performed in order to debug
application code in SDRAM. Since the boot loader is executed out of reset,
to debug U-Boot from the SRAM, I think these initializations must be
removed. In other words the [INIT] section must be empty, because U-Boot
itself will initialize the microcontroller. Is it correct?
2) In the bdiGDB User Manual they say to load the application code with the
LOAD command in the [HOST] section of the script file. Is it equivalent to
use the load command from GDB shell?

Many thanks in advance.

llandre