[U-Boot-Users] Loading the Linux Kernel

Jerry Walden jwalden at digitalatlantic.com
Mon Mar 10 22:32:49 CET 2003

Greetings:

My board does not have an ethernet interface on it, so it seems that the
only
way I can copy m Linux kernel is via the loadb command - this works, however
it takes about 15 minutes.

My board also has a CompactFlash device on it wired up for "True IDE" mode.
I have combined this with the u-boot ide driver, and it works like a trained
pig.

Originally, I had intended on making changes to the Linux kernel,
downloading the
kernel to DRAM on the board by making the uimage target, and using kermit to
load the binary into RAM, however this process is rather cumbersome and
lengthy.

I have a BDI-2000, can I run the bootrom init code, and then "halt" using
the
BDI, and then use the BDI to load the kernel image into ram?

Thanks

Jerry