[U-Boot-Users] Expanding the Linux Kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 11 23:34:34 CET 2003

In message <EGEGIJHKDKJGAJMGIDPNIEAOCJAA.jwalden at digitalatlantic.com> you wrote:

> Now here is the problem - when I invoke the u-boot command bootm as follows:
>
> bootm 0x01000000
>
> The result is as follows:
> Image Name:		Linux-2.4.17-mvl-walnut
> Image Type:		PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
> Data Size:		590251 Bytes = 576.4 KB
> Load Address:	00000000
> Entry Point:	00000000
> Verifying Checksum: ...ok
> Error: Inflate returned -3

Two ideas:

* Test if your image is OK:

	bash$ dd if=vmlinux.PPCBoot of=/tmp/vmlinux.gz bs=64 skip=1
	bash$ gzip -vt /tmp/vmlinux.gz

* Try downloading to a lower address, like 0x200000

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
   You are not permitted to kill a woman who has wronged you, but
   nothing forbids you to reflect that she is growing older every
   minute. You are avenged fourteen hundred and forty times a day.
                                                -- Ambrose Bierce