[U-Boot-Users] serial console on lubbock dose not work (armboot-1.1.0 or u-boot-0.2.0)

Shengchao Guo (ZHHZ) scguo at zhhz.suda.edu.cn
Sun Mar 16 09:59:43 CET 2003

Hi Kyle,

First of all, thank you for your work porting u-boot(ppcboot,armboot) on intel lubbock board.

I am used to booting lubbock and linux kernel with redboot before thinking of the fitted bootloader for a customed board, and now I have to discard redboot because of its complexity, and then I found armboot is a good choice.

I have followed the instructions mentioned in readme, denx ppcboot introductoin, and armboot(also u-boot) mail list to build and run armboot configured for lubbock. It made me easy that the building process is fine, but after downloading the armboot.bin into lubbock flash memory at address of 0x00000000(boot rom block0) with jtag, the confused problem appeared that the serial console get nothing.

Trying to find the cause of the problem, I downloaded the armboot image to lubbock application flash locating 0x04000000, replaced the serial console emluator minicom with cu and kermit, and also tried the u-boot-0.2.0, but nothing to display in serial console yet!

Is there any special attentions on serial console working? Any suggestions are appreciated!

With my best regards.

Shengchao