[U-Boot-Users] Newbee question - Freeze of U-Boot at Boot ( New Port )

sebastien_barre at sdel.fr sebastien_barre at sdel.fr
Mon Mar 17 17:13:55 CET 2003

Hi,

I have just port U-Boot to a new custom board (MPC860).

U-Boot boot but freeze after "New Stack Pointer is". I can't understand
why. I have verify
the configuration of UPMA (Sdram) and the clock config (33 Mhz)
with my Bdm and all it's ok.

With my logic analyser I saw that the MPC freeze with the 0x1000
value on the adresse bus (SDRAM) and the last PROM adresse
should be dache_status function (saw it in map file) but I can understand
why.

Does anyone known where I should search my problem ?

Thanks a lot.

Cedric

PS : This is the console output

U-Boot 0.2.0 (Mar 17 2003 - 16:55:22)

CPU:   XPC860xxZPnnC1 at 33.325 MHz: 4 kB I-Cache 4 kB D-Cache
Board: SDEL CPU4000
DRAM:   4 MB
Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 00400000
Reserving 256k for U-Boot at: 003c0000
Reserving 144k for malloc() at: 0039c000
Reserving 60 Bytes for Board Info at: 0039bfc4
Reserving 44 Bytes for Global Data at: 0039bf98
Stack Pointer at: 0039bf78
New Stack Pointer is: 0039bf78