[U-Boot-Users] Newbee question - Freeze of U-Boot at Boot ( New Port )

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 17 20:17:36 CET 2003

In message <OF2B34032D.882C5252-ONC1256CEC.005841AE-C1256CEC.005AAF03 at polesdel> you wrote:

> U-Boot boot but freeze after "New Stack Pointer is". I can't understand
> why. I have verify

Usually this means that your SDRAM initialization sequence is broken.

> the configuration of UPMA (Sdram) and the clock config (33 Mhz)
> with my Bdm and all it's ok.

This NOT sufficient for a correct SDRAM  init  sequence.  Check  with
your chip manufacturer's manual for the precise steps that are needed
for your RAM chips, and follow this documentation to the letter.

> Does anyone known where I should search my problem ?

RAM init sequence.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The optimum committee has no members.
                                                   - Norman Augustine