[U-Boot-Users] Minicom for image download

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 18 23:30:08 CET 2003

In message <20030318220906.GL28544 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> > Use "cu" or "kermit".
>
> Can you be more specific about this? Unfortunately the sourceforge
> search engine for the ppcboot mailing list doesn't seem to be working.

Both tools are explained in the DPLG, see
http://www.denx.de/re/DPLG.html

> I've used minicom for ages with the zmodem upload for DIL/Net-PCs, so
> I'm wondering what shall be wrong with it.

It is not working for you now, right? To make it work for example for
a  simple  s-record  download  you  will   have   to   add   specific
per-character  or per-line delays, which depend on the performance of
your host and your target system(s) - I don't remember  the  details.
Sorry, but I tend to ignore broken tools.

Especially when there are replacements that offer the same  function,
without the problems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
: 1.  What is the possibility of this being added in the future?
In the near future, the probability is close to zero. In the  distant
future, I'll be dead, and posterity can do whatever they like... :-)
                                                              - lwall