[U-Boot-Users] Minicom for image download

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Wed Mar 19 08:49:50 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:30:08PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Both tools are explained in the DPLG, see
> http://www.denx.de/re/DPLG.html

I've read it, but the question was if somebody has it working with
minicom, not if there are other tools.

> It is not working for you now, right?

That's why I suppose I use an incorrect tool for handling the download.

> To make it work for example for a simple s-record download you will
> have to add specific per-character or per-line delays, which depend on
> the performance of your host and your target system(s) - I don't
> remember the details. Sorry, but I tend to ignore broken tools.

Strange - I've used it with zModem for quite a long time and it never
had any problems. So my naive assumption is that with the correct
backend it should work.

> Especially when there are replacements that offer the same function,
> without the problems.

The idea is that one does _not_ need special cryptic command line tools
to download an image to a target. This works with other embedded boards
and that's what I would like to have for my u-boot based systems. It's
bad enough that there are no modern and end user ready terminal programs
for Linux out there today.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4