[U-Boot-Users] Newbie problems building U-Boot

Jeremy Bowen Jeremy.Bowen at opennw.com
Wed Mar 19 06:23:35 CET 2003

Hi there

I don't seem to be able to build either ppcboot or u-boot using version
2.0.2 of the ELDK from the denx.de site.

I have CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_8xx- and
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/eldk/usr/bin:/usr/local/eldk/bin

Please point me to a FAQ if there is one as the documentation doesn't seem
to mention this problem specifically.

The error message produced is
gcc -Wall -pedantic -O -I/usr/local/eldk/include  -o astest
astest.o error.o
-L/usr/local/eldk/lib -lbfd -liberty
/usr/lib/libbfd.so: undefined reference to `htab_find_slot_with_hash'
/usr/lib/libbfd.so: undefined reference to `htab_create'
/usr/lib/libbfd.so: undefined reference to `htab_delete'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [astest] Error 1

Which libbfd.so should this build process be picking up ?

I assumed I should be able to build the ppcboot-1.2.1 contained in the ELDK.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Jeremy