[U-Boot-Users] [RFD] Consistent debugging output structure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 24 10:10:59 CET 2003

In message <20030324085922.GD28544 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> > I will reject such a patch if it globally effects all boards and  all
> > common code.
>
> How could it affect other implementations if, additionally to the
> existing debug() function, debug2() and debug3() are added? Sorry, but I

Ummm... if the definition is not used anywhere (except  in  your  own
new code), it just adds to the overhead without cleaning up anything.

> don't understand your arguments. I've never said that I wanted to change
> the whole code at once.

Ummm... then I did not understand at all what you want.

If you just want to add some extended debugging  mechanism  for  your
own local code, please go on. But keep it local, then.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.