[U-Boot-Users] Intel LXT972A on FADS 852T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 26 19:44:21 CEST 2004

In message <20040726165905.67524.qmail at web50501.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > situation is that when I ping from uboot, now I do not get TX
> > timeout, but get host is dead message.
> Actual message is host <ip address> is not alive

Then please write EXACTLY this the next time you report a problem.

> > > I have done of the obvious and non-obvious checks. e.g. ethernet
> > cable and stuff outside the box is fully operational. Infect I see
> > arp packet going out on ethereal. I know that reply is sent by the
> > pinged box.

How do you know that? Did you see the packet on the wire?

Did you see how it entered the Rx code in U-boot?

> > Do you also see the ICMP packet sent by U-Boot on the wire?
> No

Did you trace that the Tx code was actually executed?

> > > My hardware guy has checked all the clocks and he assures me that
> > they are all in order. He also made external loopback, i.e. ethernet
> > cable with input going to output, this also works.
> >
> > How did you test this that you know it works?
> Well, initially, when I was getting TX timeout, I stop getting timeout
> message with lopback cable.

Arghh... And what exactly do you know from this test?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Windows95 = graphical user interface for a single-threaded  interrupt
handler (DOS)