[U-Boot-Users] Intel LXT972A on FADS 852T

Knowledge Seeker talibalm at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 23:56:56 CEST 2004

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
>> I have done of the obvious and non-obvious checks. e.g. ethernet
>> cable and stuff outside the box is fully operational. Infect I
>> see arp packet going out on ethereal. I know that reply is sent by
>> the pinged box.
>
> How do you know that? Did you see the packet on the wire?

I have seen out going packet from PPC boc (can tell by mac address).
Also seen reply from the host which is pinged

>> Did you see how it entered the Rx code in U-boot?

Yes, it enters RX code, and receive control (r_cntrl) register says
there is nothing and it leaves big for (;;) loop. fec_recv is called
about 20 - 25 times.

>> Do you also see the ICMP packet sent by U-Boot on the wire?
No

>> Did you trace that the Tx code was actually executed?
Yes, I did. After it receive ack that packet was actually sent, it
returns and goes back to calls fec_recv

> Wolfgang Denk

Abu Sana