[U-Boot-Users] Enabling watchdog for MPC850

Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com
Thu Mar 4 08:22:43 CET 2004

Hi,

I enabled the watchdog both in u-boot and in Linux and it worked fine.
Linux rebooted itself  after printing a warning message on the console.
Thanks.

One thing I don't understand form the watchdog driver documentation.

>In open-only mode, the watchdog will not expire if the device file is not
opened by any process, while in
>always mode the behavior is independent of the device file being opened.

How can you set open only mode without opening /dev/watchdog?

Could anybody direct me to an example of a simple watchdog application
using the regular API?

regards

Shlomo Kut

Software Engineer