[U-Boot-Users] Compile Error for M5282EVB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 9 09:29:12 CET 2004

Dear Stuart,

in message <200403082154.31704.swood at rochester.rr.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer. I could not find a "CFG_CMD_" or "CONFIG_" that was
> specific to NFS, so I used "CFG_CMD_NET" in the M5282EVB.h config file. This
> seemed to work.

Why didn't you find CFG_CMD_NFS ?

> I've built my own initialization routine. but I'm not sure how I load the
> U-Boot. I believe it's a 3 step process.

What do you mean with "load" here?

> 1) initialize the board
> 2) load a version of U-Boot into SRAM
> 3) use that version to load U-Boot into Flash

Or: use a tool like a BDM/JTAG debugger to program the  U-Boot  image
to flash in just one step.

> is this correct? and do I need to compile an separate version of U-Boot to run
> in SRAM?

If you want to use a SRAM based version, you will  probably  have  to
modify  U-Boot for it (except your board has jumpers to swap SRAM and
flash in the memory map).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?