[U-Boot-Users] MIPS (purple) compilation problems.

Ronen Shitrit rshitrit at il.marvell.com
Tue Mar 9 13:59:43 CET 2004

Hi

I'm trying to port the U-Boot to Marvell board with MIPS (rm7000)
I am using a cross compiler mips64-elf.
I'm trying to compile the purpule_config and I have some compilation
problems,
when I'm using the cpu/mips/config  flag -mabicalls I get a lot of warnings:
      c1: warning: -G is incompatible with PIC code which is the default
and an LD error:
      mips64-elf-ld: common/main.o: linking PIC files with non-PIC files
      Bad value: failed to merge target specific data of file common/main.o

When I remove the -mabicalls flag, the compilation pass, and the LD fail
again on different error:
        mips64-elf-ld: target elf32-tradbigmips not found

The LD is looking for elf32-tradbigmips because in the LD script we
define the output file to be: elf32-tradbigmips

why do we use this definition and not elf32-bigmips??  and what is the
difference between these two??
and why when I install my cross compiler I don't have support for this
output format??

so I changed it the output format to elf32-bigmips then I'm getting this
LD error:
            : undefined reference to `_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_'

I know it is because I don't have this define in the linker script, and
I guess the elf32-tradbigmips has this definition.
What should I do??

Thanks

--
Ronen Shitrit

M.S.I.L
D.N. Misgav  20184
Tel:   +972-4-9951000
Fax:   +972-4-9951001
Email: mailto: ronen.shitrit at il.marvell.com
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.