[U-Boot-Users] Re: boot commands

Stephen Williams gfi8d1h02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 31 22:36:26 CEST 2004

Stephen Williams wrote:

> I am setting up my device to autoboot, and I want to compile
> in a default boot command (a la CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND) and only
> use the bootcmd variable if it is defined. I want to use the
> other environment for other things, though.
>
> It appears to me, though, that in main.c autoboot will be
> prevented if getenv("bootcmd") returns 0, no matter what
> the CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND value is set.
>
> Am I mis-reading this? Is this an error in need of fixing?

Arg! It seems like *all* the autoboot related variables, including
BOOTARGS and AUTOBOOT_PROMPT are ignored if there is *any*
environment. This makes no sense to me. Surely people want to
set per-board stuff in environment and keep common autoboot
settings compiled in. My BOOTCOMMAND and BOOTARGS together are
too large to fit into my 256byte EEPROM.

steve at XXXXXXXXXX           But I have promises to keep,
http://www.XXXXXXXXXX         and lines to code before I sleep,