[U-Boot-Users] u-boot installation with different text base

David Burchard dbu at web.com
Sat Jun 11 14:26:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

I spent the last week with the installation of u-boot-1.1.2 on a
TQM850L board. Unfortunately we don't have a bdi2000 for ppc thus
I don't want to erase the monitor as described here
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootInstallUsingFirmware

Therefore I compiled u-boot with TEXT_BASE=0x40020000 and loaded
it into flash memory using the monitor:
load 0 flash
$ cat u-boot.srec >/dev/ttyS0

The upload was successful with baudrate set to 9600 but I couldn't
launch u-boot. 'go 40020100' and using x34 to start the application
either doesn't work. The problem is that nothing happens and I have
to reset. There is even no output on the screen. I tested all baudrates
on both serial interfaces.

The configuration file (include/configs/TQM850L.h) is nearly unchanged.
Is there something else I have to consider in addition to the TEXT_BASE
definition?

Thanks in advance.