[U-Boot-Users] u-boot installation with different text base

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 11 16:42:23 CEST 2005

David,

in message <20050611122629.E106D2B2B86 at ws5-7.us4.outblaze.com> you wrote:

> I spent the last week with the installation of u-boot-1.1.2 on a
> TQM850L board. Unfortunately we don't have a bdi2000 for ppc thus
> I don't want to erase the monitor as described here
> http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootInstallUsingFirmware

OK.

> Therefore I compiled u-boot with TEXT_BASE=0x40020000 and loaded

U-Boot comes in a working configuration. What makes  you  think  your
change could be necessary?

> The upload was successful with baudrate set to 9600 but I couldn't
> launch u-boot. 'go 40020100' and using x34 to start the application
> either doesn't work. The problem is that nothing happens and I have

No, of course not.

> The configuration file (include/configs/TQM850L.h) is nearly unchanged.

Nearly - but your changes were enough to break it.

> Is there something else I have to consider in addition to the TEXT_BASE
> definition?

Yes, you should consider using U-Boot as is - because it comes  in  a
working configuration.

Also, you should read the FAQ. Especially the very  first  FAQ  about
U-Boot:
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In accord with UNIX philosophy, Perl gives you enough  rope  to  hang
yourself.              - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_