[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-Boot Support for EP885C

Will Haines will.haines at embedded-sys.com
Tue Jun 14 17:33:47 CEST 2005

Yuli Barcohen <yuli <at> arabellasw.com> writes:

>     Will> I am new to U-Boot, and I was wondering if anyone here knows
>     Will> of U-Boot support for the Embedded Planet EP885C board.  I
>     Will> don't yet have the knowledge required to port the bootloader,
>     Will> but I know that my board is similar to some that U-Boot
>     Will> already supports.  If anyone knows of a way to get U-Boot
>     Will> running on the EP885C, I would greatly appreciate some
>     Will> pointers.
>
> I've got U-Boot up and running on EP885C. I'm preparing a patch to be
> sent to this list.

Yuli,

As an aside, I have actually been looking into Arabella's flavor of Linux for
our board.  I got the Free Reference Kit, and I was disappointed to see that
U-Boot was only configured for Motorola-ADS and Adder boards.  I am very
grateful that you are working on a port.  Just for my edification, do you have a
timetable for making the port publicly available?

Thank you again for all your help.  I am very excited to try U-Boot instead of
PlanetCore.

Will