[U-Boot-Users] Marvell 88E1111 PHY

Kylo Ginsberg kylo.ginsberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:14:59 CEST 2005

On 6/15/05, David Grab <d.grab at hima.com> wrote:
> But now i am configuring ethernet in u-boot for my 440GX Board. It uses
> Marvel 88E1111 PHY´s. Did someone worked with this PHY and u-boot or knows
> if it is supported?

I'm using u-boot 1.1.2 with an 8555E and Marvell 88E1111 phys
successfully.  There is support in the tsec.[ch] files under
cpu/mpc85xx.

One odd thing I noted is that the config sequence in tsec.c includes a
register write sequence to some register 30 pages for which I could
not find documentation in either the 1011 or 1111 datasheets.   Out of
curiosity, I tried to init the phys with and without these register
writes and didn't see different behavior, so I left them in.

Cheers,
Kylo