[U-Boot-Users] Question about MPC8272 HRCW

raymond yang raymond_yang95134 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 05:51:35 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am confused about the followin fields in HRCW,
MPC8272

CIP -

0 MSR[IP]=1 (default), Exceptions are vectored to the
physical address 0xfffn_nnnn
1 MSR[IP]=0, Exceptions are vectored to the physical
address 0x000n_nnnn

BMS -

Boot memory space. Defines the initial value for
BR0[BA]. There are two possible bootmemory regions,
HIMEM and LOMEM
0 0xFE00_0000 -- 0xFFFF_FFFF
1 0x0000_0000 -- 0x1FFF_FFFF

My question:

1) Given BMS = 0
Does this mean, the FLASH(on CS0) are given the base
address as 0xFE00_0000?

2) Given CIP = 0
Does this meman, the vector should be placed at
0xFFFn_nnnn?

So With BMS=0, and CIP=0, my flash should be bigger
than
    0xFFFn_nnnn - 0xFE00_00000 >16M, right?

3) Given my flash is 8M byte, 16bit-bus-width, is it a
valid HRCW word for 08_82_32_45
My image got the following configurations
 MONITOR_BASE=TEXT_ADDR=0xFFF00000
 CFG_FLASH_BASE = 0XFE800000

I tried many times, with BDI plugged, u-boot works
fine.
However, without BDI and RSTCN pull-up, looks like the
image never got run.

Any ideas? Thanks ahead.

Best Regards
Raymond