[U-Boot-Users] Question about MPC8272 HRCW

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 21 09:12:38 CEST 2005

raymond yang <raymond_yang95134 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1) Given BMS = 0
> Does this mean, the FLASH(on CS0) are given the base
> address as 0xFE00_0000?

Not exactly. 0xFE00_0000 is just one of workable
configuration.

> 2) Given CIP = 0
> Does this meman, the vector should be placed at
> 0xFFFn_nnnn?

Correct. This is HIGH BOOT location of 8272.

> So With BMS=0, and CIP=0, my flash should be bigger
> than 0xFFFn_nnnn - 0xFE00_00000 > 16M, right?

No. It just narrows your choose scope. If your FLASH
on board hasn't reached 32MByte, you can fit the whole
FLASH space in the setting scope as you like.

> 3) Given my flash is 8M byte, 16bit-bus-width, is it
> a valid HRCW word for 08_82_32_45
> My image got the following configurations
>  MONITOR_BASE=TEXT_ADDR=0xFFF00000
>  CFG_FLASH_BASE = 0XFE800000

Seems good. But CFG_FLASH_BASE = 0xff800000 is also
OK.

> I tried many times, with BDI plugged, u-boot works
> fine.However, without BDI and RSTCN pull-up, looks >
like the image never got run.

Ummm, try to program the same image at 0xff800000
and pull down RSTCN to see what would happen:-)

Best regards,

Sam