[U-Boot-Users] Question about MPC8272 HRCW

raymond yang raymond_yang95134 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 10:01:26 CEST 2005

Still have questions, thanks ahead!

According to DATASHEET

"BMS -

Boot memory space. Defines the initial value for
BR0[BA]. There are two possible bootmemory regions,
HIMEM and LOMEM
0 0xFE00_0000 -- 0xFFFF_FFFF
1 0x0000_0000 -- 0x1FFF_FFFF "

1) So if let BMS=0,
-   Does this mean the BR0[BA] have the exact address
of 0xFE00_00000

or
-   Does this mean the BR0[BA] could be one of the
address between range 0XFE00_00000 and 0xFFFF_FFFFF,
if this is the case, so how can i determine the
specific value of BR0[BA]?

2)
With BMS=0 and CIP=0

According to the datasheet,

BR0[BA] = 0xFE00_0000 (Right?)
START_VECTOR = 0xFFF0_0100

The span is START_VECTOR-BR0[BA] = 0xFFF0_0100 -
0xFE00_0000 = 0x1F00100 > 16M,
So if my flash is 8M bytes, i can't use this
configuration, right?

3)
I pull-down the RSTCONF, it doesn't work, only with
BDI2000 attached and config-file from BDI2000 (RSTCONF
up of cuz), U-BOOT can start correctly.
I.e.

Thanks ahead!

Best Regards
Raymond

 So With BMS=0, and CIP=0, my flash should be